In this privacy notice, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ mean Select Lifestyles Limited.
This privacy notice applies to anyone who interacts with us about our products and services (‘you’, ‘your’), in any way (for example, by email, through our website and by phone). We will give you further privacy information if necessary.
This privacy notice applies to you if you ask us about, buy or use our products and services. It describes how we handle your information, regardless of the way you contact us (for example, by email, through our website, by phone.)
If you have any questions about this, please contact us on email@example.com or 0330 333 7484.
Information That We Collect
Select Lifestyles Limited process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data we collect includes: Name, all contact information, personal address, previous work history and your reference details.
How we collect information:
- Job Application Form
- Social Media
How we use your personal data:
Select Lifestyles Limited takes your privacy very seriously, and we will never disclose, share or sell any of your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are:
- We collect your personal data in conjunction to the application of any vacancies that you apply for at Select Lifestyles Limited.
- We have a legal obligation to share your personal data with Disclosure and Barring Service, who are a credit reference agency and provide us with background and criminal checks prior to you commencing employment with us.
- We will occasionally send you marketing information where we believe it is beneficial and a legitimate interest to you, based on our previous experiences with you. (Such us our quarterly newsletter and other vacancies.)
- We collect and store your personal information as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
How long we keep your data:
Job application forms:
- Application forms that we receive and are unsuccessful are shredded every 90 days on an on-going basis.
- If applicants are unsuccessful after coming in for an interview, and we have obtained an ID, they have a 4-week period to request any feedback and after this period all data is shredded.
We use Microsoft Forms for our embedded online job application form and they have stated that:
‘Microsoft Forms stores all data on your website. No one besides the administrative users on your website have access to that data.
When Fillable PDFs generates a PDF for you, the field values for the PDF are sent to our server for it to be generated. As soon as the generated PDF is sent to you, we immediately destroy that PDF and any other information sent to us in that request. We do not store that data. The generated PDF is stored on your website’
WordPress stores data from the form, where our Sales & Marketing and Recruitment departments both have access to this for recruitment purposes only. All details input on this webform will be kept and safely stored in our WordPress website in order to process your applications, and we may contact you regarding any other opportunities in the future if we believe that you are legitimately interested in the vacancies.
You have the right to access your information and to ask us to correct any mistakes and delete and restrict the use of your information.
You also have the right to object to us using your information, to ask us to transfer of information you have provided, to withdraw permission you have given us to use your information and to ask us not to use automated decision-making which will affect you. For more information, see below.
You have the following rights (certain exceptions apply):
- Right of access: the right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: the right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): the right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: the right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to object: the right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests. You can object to our use of your information for profiling purposes where it is in relation to direct marketing
- Right to data portability: the right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable formats
- Right to withdraw consent: the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of Select Lifestyles Limited use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent and we will let you know if we will no longer be able to provide you your chosen product or service
We process your personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including managing all aspects of our relationship with you, for marketing, to help us improve our services and products, and in order to exercise our rights or handle claims. More detailed information about our legitimate interests is set out below.
Legitimate interest is one of the legal reasons why we may process your personal information. Taking into account your interests, rights and freedoms, legitimate interests which allow us to process your personal information include:
- to manage our relationship with you, our business and third parties who provide products or services for us;
- to keep our records up to date and to provide you with marketing as allowed by law;
- to develop and carry out marketing activities and to show you information that is of interest to you, based on our understanding of your preferences;
- to exercise our rights, to defend ourselves from claims and to keep to laws and regulations that apply to us and the third parties we work with; and
- to take part in, or be the subject of, any sale, purchase, merger or takeover of all or part of Select Lifestyles Limited.
We may use your personal information to send you marketing by post, by phone, through social media and by email.
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing material if we have your permission or a legitimate interest as described above.
If you don’t want to receive emails from us, you can click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link that appears in all emails we send. Otherwise, you can always contact us to update your contact preferences.
Sharing your information
We share your information within Select Lifestyles Limited. We also share your information in line with the law. For more information about who we share your information with, please see below.
We sometimes need to share your information with other people or organisations for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
For all our customers, we share your information with:
- other members of Select Lifestyles Limited;
- people or organisations we have to, or are allowed to, share your personal information with by law (for example, for fraud-prevention or safeguarding purposes, including with the Care Quality Commission); and
- the police and other law-enforcement agencies to help them perform their duties, or with others if we have to do this by law or under a court order.
A cookie, also known as a browser cookie, is a text file containing small amounts of information which a server may download to your computer hard drive, tablet or mobile device when you visit a website or use an app.
There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things. These include letting you navigate between different pages on a website efficiently, remembering preferences you have given and helping us to identify ways to improve your overall site experience. Others are used to provide you with advertising which is more tailored to your interests, or to measure the number of site visits and the most popular pages users visit.
The cookies used by Select Lifestyles Limited help us to track basic visitor information and to learn about the behaviour of visitors to this website and how they respond to our marketing communications and for research and statistical purposes.
The more we learn, the better we are able to provide relevant and interesting content and services. The cookies that Select Lifestyles Limited uses do not collect personal information such as name, address, email address and do not link any information they collect to an individual.
For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org
Details of the cookies we use on site are as follows: